This step is completely option, but recommended and helps you meet certain compliance requirements that Google’s default password strength configuration does not.
- In the top-left of the Google window, click on the menu icon. It looks like this
- Click on the “Security” menu item or “settings” in the dropdown that appears on hover.
- On the screen that appears, click on “Password management”.
- Under the “Length” header, change the minimum length setting to 12.
- If you’d like to enforce users with a password that is under this new length on their next sign in, check the “Enforce password policy at next sign-in” option. Your users may ask you why they need to change their password if this is checked, so a followup email to your earlier communication is a good idea.
- Click on the blue “Save” button on the bottom-right.